CIN fire protection products for steel structures are uniquely certified to last for more than 25 years
CIN's intumescent system makes buildings safer through a unique certificate on the market that distinguishes the durability of products over a quarter of a century.
A pioneer in the market for corrosion and passive protection against fire, CIN, a Portuguese company and Iberian leader in the coatings market, presents a certified system for corrosive environment C3 with very high durability, over 25 years, that coincide for corrosive categories C5 with medium durability and C4 with high durability. The tests were approved by an accredited external laboratory, which certified that the performance of the C-THERM® S100 intumescent remains unchanged even after ageing tests under conditions specified in ISO 12944-6:2017.
There are several engineering and architectural works whose beauty and aesthetics result from an exposed steel structure of modern and bold design: airports, sports stadiums, large shopping centres, schools and skyscrapers, places which, due to their public and recreational utility, concentrate many people inside. But if a fire, breaks out, the potential for disaster in these high-occupancy buildings is worrying and frightening. In these situations, an unprotected steel structure can reach, in a few minutes, the critical temperature that causes loss of stability and consequent collapse.
Jorge Paiva, Product Manager for CIN Performance Coatings, states that "the brand works daily for innovation in the sector and, to do this, it is fundamental that we understand the difficulties and needs of the market. CIN detected the need to certify the durability and safety of its intumescent system, combining both corrosion protection and passive fire protection for metal structures, based on the main standards in force, two fundamental axes to ensure their stability."
With numerous advantages for use in the construction sector, adequate steel protection is a known necessity, both because of it trends to corrosion and the fact that it loses stability when subjected to high temperatures.
CIN has more than 20 years of experience with passive fire protection, and the brand’s products have increased in the durability of these same metal structures.
CIN Performance Coatings is a leader in the field of intumescent products, with a product range that enjoys a high international reputation: C-THERM®, which has been present all over the world in many renowned engineering and architectural works:
- Palace of Arts, Spain (2005)
- Agbar Tower, Spain (2005)
- Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, Portugal (2010)
- Las Arenas Leisure and Shopping Center, Spain (2011)
- Douro Marina, Portugal (2013)
- Leixões Port Cruise Terminal, Portugal (2015)
- Ágora Convention Centre, Colombia (2018)
- Aqwa Corporate, Brazil (2018)
- Atrio Tower, Colombia (2019)
- Pavilion of Portugal - University of Lisbon, Portugal (2020)
- Botton-Champalimaud Pancreatic Cancer Centre, Portugal (2021)
- C-POX® PRIMER ZP230 FD: It is a polyamide epoxy primer pigmented with zinc phosphate that provides high-performance corrosion protection of metallic structures, in industrial or building site applications. Applied in a single coat, C-POX PRIMER ZP230 FD provides highly durable corrosion protection for corrosivity category C4, according to European standard ISO 12944. More information here: https://cin.com/performance-coatings/pt/7k231-7l190-7l198-7k230-7k238--c-pox-primer-zp230-fd
- C-THERM® S100: It is an intumescent acrylic intumescent coating for passive cellulosic fire protection of metal structures, for interior and exterior use, provided it is combined with the appropriate finish. Formulated to expand when exposed to high temperatures, C-THERM S100 produces foam with very low thermal conductivity, which gives it excellent insulating properties for up to 120 minutes. More information here: https://cin.com/performance-coatings/pt/7i100-c-therm-s100-2
- C-THANE® S350: It is a polyurethane enamel with excellent outdoor performance. It is recommended for corrosion protection of metal structures in aggressive environments and it is certified as a finish in painting systems certified according to parts 5 and 6 of the European standard ISO 12944. With excellent weathering resistance, proven in QUV-A accelerated ageing tests, C-THANE S350 demonstrates perfect colour and gloss retention when exposed to cycles of UVA radiation and condensation, even after 6000 hours of testing. More information here: https://cin.com/performance-coatings/pt/7p351-7p352-7p350--c-thane-s350